Time: about 1 hour
Pan: 13x9x2 glass baking dish
2 c. frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained
2 c. packed coarsely grated hot pepper Monterey Jack cheese (8 oz. pkg)
1 med. red bell pepper chopped]
1 Anaheim chili chopped
1/2 c. chopped green onions
1 3/4c. buttermilk
1 can enchilada sauce
4 large eggs
1/2 tsp. salt.
- Butter the 13x9x2 inch class baking dish
- Cut the cornbread into 1 inch cubes in place in a large bowl.
- Stir the drained corn kernels in a large dry skillet over medium heat unto dry about 3 minutes.
- transfer to the bow with the corn bread
- Add cheese, bell pepper, chili, and green onions.
- Whisk the buttermilk and enchilada sauce, eggs and salt in the medium bowl to blend. Add to the corn bread mixture and gently combine.
- transfer to the prepared baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Bake corn budding uncovered until slightly crisp and golden on top about 1 hour. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.