Oven: 350 degrees
Bake: 22-25 minutes
1 1/2 c.+ 1T Soft White Flour (204g)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. brown sugar (150g)
12 T. (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter (170g) melted and cooled
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. pecans, toasted and chopped coarse (113g)
1 1/2 c. unsweetened shredded coconut toasted
1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips (157g)
1/2 c. white chocolate chips (157g)
- Toast the coconut on a baking sheet in the oven at 350 degrees until light golden in color 4-5 minutes.
- Toast the chopped pecans
- Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line the baking pan with 2 pieces of foil, one the length of the pan plus some overhang and the other the width with overhand on the sides. This will also you to life the squares out of the pan to cool and cut. Grease the foil with vegetable oil.
- In a bowl add the flour, salt, baking powder in a bowl mix and set aside
- Whisk the brown sugar, and the melted butter together in a medium bowl until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla to the mix.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold the toasted coconut and pecans and chocolates into the mix.
- Place the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Bake until the top is shiny and cracked and feels firm to the touch about 22-25 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool completely. Loosen the edges and lift out using the foil. Cut into 2-1 1/2 inch squares.