- 4 chicken breasts or 6 chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons (28g) unsalted butter or olive oil
- 1 (230g) large onion , sliced
- 3 cloves (16g) garlic , minced
- 2 (0.3g) bay leaves
- ¼ teaspoon (0.4g) dried thyme
- 3 ribs (120g) celery , diced
- 3 (300g) medium carrots , diced
- 2 cups (500ml) unsalted chicken stock
- Optional: 1 tablespoon (15ml) fish sauce Don't omit it adds a lot
- 1 potato, or more (317g) bite-size cubes
- ½ cup - 1 cup (60g - 120g) frozen green peas
- ¼ cup - ⅓ cup (31g - 41g) flour (11/2 - 1 tsp. guar gum)
- ½ cup (125ml) heavy cream (I omit to cut calories)
- Kosher salt & ground black pepper
- Brown Chicken and saute onions and veggies in cast iron skillet. Add in minced garlic cloves, 2 bay leaves, ¼ tsp (0.4g) dried thyme, 120g diced celery, and 300g diced carrots, then saute for another minute.
- De-glaze Instant Pot: Pour in 1 cup (250ml) unsalted chicken stock, then de-glaze by scrubbing all the flavorful brown bits off the bottom with a wooden spoon. Give it a quick mix.
- Pressure Cook Chicken Pot Pie Filling: Add in 1 tbsp (15ml) fish sauce and another cup (250ml) of unsalted chicken stock, then give it a quick mix. Drain water from the potato cubes. Add in potato cubes and layer the browned chicken.
With Venting Knob in Venting Position, close the lid, then turn Venting Knob to Sealing Position. Pressure Cook at
Boneless Chicken Breast: High Pressure for 3 minutes, then Natural Release 10 min
Bone-in Chicken Breast: High Pressure for 4 minutes, then Natural Release for 10 minutes
Boneless Chicken Thighs: High Pressure for 4 minutes, then Natural Release for 10 minutes
Bone-in Chicken Thighs: High Pressure for 5 minutes, then Natural Release for 10 minutes
- Shred Chicken: And thicken chicken filling - I use guar gum