Yields: 2 Servings (double if you like and save for another morning)
Instant Pot Directions:
- Put all of the ingredients except the maple syrup and the pecans into your instant pot and close the lid.
- Using the pressure cooker function on high, set the timer for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked allow the pressure to release naturally.
- After cooled enough to open your pot check to make sure you like the consistency and adjust using the saute button if you need to thicken it a bit.
- Dish out and add your maple syrup and pecan on top
- 1/2 cup uncooked millet
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2–1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch clove
- maple syrup, to taste
- toasted pecans, to top
Stove Top Directions:
- Combine millet, water, pumpkin, and spices together in a sauce pan. Stir and bring to a boil the cover and reduce down to a simmer. Let cook for 20-30 minutes until millet is cooked and tender. Stir and check occasionally while cooking, adding extra water as needed. It’s all about the kind of texture and consistency you want.
- When almost done, add a bit of maple syrup and taste. Start on the low end (a teaspoon or two) and continue until you’ve reached a desired sweetness.
- Remove from heat and serve with toasted walnuts (and a bit of heavy cream if you like!)
Erin Alderson at Tasty Recipes