Time: 35 minutes
Pan: 9x13 inch
1 1/2 cup + 2 T unsalted butter (198g)
3 T brown sugar (45g)
3 T sugar (45g)
2 T. Honey (40g)
1 1/2 c. rolled oats (150g)
1 c. soft white flour (120g)
1 c. oat flour (120g) use oat groats & mill or grind rolled oats in your blender
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 half pint of any jam
1 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line a 9x 13 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cream the softened butter, sugars and honey.
- Add the rolled oats, soft white flour, oat flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla and cinnamon. (use different spices to complement your jam)
- Press 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan and reserve the remaining 1/3 (about 200g) for the topping.
- Stir together the jam and lemon juice. Spread the mixture evenly over the bottom curst.
- Crumble the remaining 1/3 (about 200g) of the dough over the jam filling. I added a 1/4 cup of rolled oats also on top to fill in better.
- Bake the jam bars until golden brown around the edges, about 35 minutes. Let the pastry cool completely in the pan on the rack before cutting into bars.
- Enjoy they are not too sweet and have a tender crumb. Freeze the extra for later.