Yields: 24 cookies
Bake: 15-20 minutes
Oven: 350 degrees
227g butter (1 c.)
85g (1/4 c.) honey
3T. sliced fresh basil leaves or 3T. sliced fresh lemon verbena leaves
1T. lemon zest
177g oat flour (7/8 c.)
200g soft white flour (1 3/4 c.)
1/2 tsp. salt
Course sugar for topping
- Cream the softened butter very well, and add the honey and beat again
- Add the fresh basil or lemon verbena leaves and lemon , along with the oat flour into the food processor and puls until the herbs are very finely chopped.
- Add the soft white flour, salt and pulse again until mixed.
- Add the butter and honey mixture and pulse until a moist clump forms int he food processor.
- Chill the dough 2 plus hours.
- Measure level tablespoonfuls of dough and rolls between your palms to form balls. Place on a baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Lightly dust the bottom of a flat measuring cup with powdered sugar to prevent sticking and press down on the cookies into 2 inch rounds.
- Sprinkle tops of cookies with course sugar, Bake until the edges are slightly brown 15-20 minutes. Let them cool on the ban before your transfer them to a wire rack.