I do sell a small jar of it but, you can make it yourself and the Co-Op offers the liquid lecithin. You can make as much or as little as you like just use your scale and weigh out the ingredients.
1 part Liquid Lecithin
1 parts coconut oil
- In a glass jar that you are going to keep the final product in, weigh out the ingredients.
- Microwave them until the coconut oil is melted
- Mix together well and that's it.
Store in the fridge or leave at room temperature. I usually put mine in the fridge but it does not matter. You don't have to use much, and rub it on the pan until you don't see it. It leaves a coating that really works well.
What is Lecithin?
Lecithin is a pure vegetable fat that is essential in the cells of the body. It can be found in many foods, including soybeans and egg yolks. Lecithin is taken as a medicine and is also used in the manufacturing of medicines.
10 Health Benefits Of Lecithin
There are numerous benefits of lecithin which can help us become healthier here are the top 10 benefits of lecithin:
1. It breaks up cholesterol and fats in our body so it is very advisable for those who want to lose weight. Consuming more lecithin means increasing the body's metabolism rate.
2. It is very beneficial to students and the elderly who wish to enhance their memory skills. Those with Alzheimer's or amnesia are advised to include lecithin in their diet.
3. Lecithin also cleanses the kidneys and liver which is important to those who are suffering from urinary tract infection and those who love to eat salty and spicy foods. It prevents diseases like gallstones and gallbladder infection.
4. Protects against heart diseases and lowers your cholesterol level while preventing toxins from clogging the arteries.
5. Helps our body absorb essential nutrients better and support the movement of our body fluids inside and outside the cells.
6. Lecithin nourishes our skin and lessens the possibility of dealing with skin problems like pimples, acne, whiteheads, and blackheads.
7. Increase your physical performance, for those into sports and people who are always on the go. Lecithin can boost the body's energy level without making you fat.
8. If you are suffering from arthritis, you'll be surprised with the benefits of lecithin especially in helping you deal with this painful ailment. Lecithin contains essential fatty acids that keep muscles, bones, and joints strong and healthy.
9. There are also benefits of lecithin for pregnant women. Studies proved that it can contribute a lot to the development of the fetus' brain and nervous system.