Bake 350 degrees
Time 12-14 Minutes
Makes about 2 dozen
Dry Ingredients... Use a large bowl
2 c. + 2 T. Soft White Flour (285g)
2 T. Barley Flour (15g)
½ tsp. Baking Soda
½ tsp. Baking Powder
½ tsp. Salt
Melt 140g (10 T.) Butter in a sauce pan until golden brown
(swirl until turns a light brown color)
In a glass or metal bowl (will be putting over steaming water)
4 T. Butter (56g)
1 ¾ c. Brown Sugar (250g)
1 T. Vanilla
1 Ex. Large Egg
1/2 c. Chopped Pecans Toasted (60g )
Set Aside For Rolling Cookies
1/4 c. Brown Sugar (25g)
1/4 c. Sugar (25g)
Mix Dry ingredients in a large Bowl and set aside
- In a bowl set over boiling water, add the 10 T. burnt butter, 4 T. butter, brown sugar, vanilla and egg.
- Stir until well mixed and the sugar is melted
- Pour over dry ingredients and mix by hand. Mix until no flour is seen.
- Add toasted Pecans and mix again.
- Let dough sit for 1/2 hours then scoop out with cookie scoop.
- Chill 2 hours or overnight is best.
- Roll in sugar mixture right before baking.
Bake for 14 minutes