Oven: 250 degrees
Bake: 1 hour + 15 minutes
Pan: Cookie Sheet (need sheet with rim)
3 c. old fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
1 c. slivered almonds
3/4 c. shredded sweetened coconut
1/3 c. sesame seeds
6 T. maple syrup - the real stuff (honey will also work)
6 T. brown sugar (packed)
1/4 c. vegetable oil
2 T. water - warm
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. raisins - golden are nice
- You can add some spices like 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ...what you like. If you add a strong spice like cloves add 1/4 tsp.
- Almond extract or vanilla 1 tsp.
- Other dried fruit you like
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- In a large bowl toss oats and almonds coconut and sesame seeds.
- In another bowl, mix the syrup, brown sugar, oil, water, and salt
- Pour the syrup mixture over the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour onto the cookie sheet and spread evenly
- Put the timer on and stir the granola every 10-15 minutes
- Cool on the cookie sheet and add the raisins
- Transfer to a airtight container, store in the fridge.
- Can be made a week ahead, or you can freeze for longer storage.