Muffin Pan 12
Scale...Once you have one you will wonder how you baked without it.
#12 Scoop... Dish out muffins
Pre-Heat Oven: 425 degrees
Oven: 425 degrees for first 5 minutes
Oven: turn down to 375 degrees for the last 11-13 minutes
Bake: Total bake time about 16 minutes
Yields: 12 Servings
2 1/2 soft white flour (300g)
3/4 c. sugar (145g)
1T. baking powder
1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp. dry ginger or 2 tsp. fresh grated ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 c. milk (162g)
1/4 c. + 2T. vegetable oil (85g)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. grated carrots about 3 carrots or 2 large carrots (150g)
1/4 c. chopped walnuts (30g)
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and set aside.
- Add to the dry ingredients the grated carrots, walnuts, and mix together.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the liquid mixture to the dry. Stir the mixture with a few strokes, until there are no streaks of dry ingredients.
- Put into the fridge for 15 minutes to chill
- Grease 12 muffin cups or use paper liners. Fill each cup 3/4 - 7/8 full (use #12 scoop which is 1/3 cup). Sprinkle the top of each muffin with coarse sugar before putting them into the oven.
- Put into oven at 425 degrees for 5 minutes then turn down the oven to 375 degrees for the remainder of the baking time about 11-13 minutes depending on your oven.