- The obvious place to start is with the bottom bun. I prefer it toasted because I like the texture but my husband likes his just warmed. Spread the condiments ketchup and mustard on the bun, but hold off on the Mayo to use on the top bun.
- Now place your pickles, on the bun bottom bun. The pickles will go under the meat so their stronger flavor will not overpower the more mild vegetables like the lettuce and tomatoes which are added latter.
- Place the meat on the pickles, if you are adding cheese have the cheese melted on top of the meat. Bacon can also be added at this time on top of the cheese if you like. The cheese is like glue to hold the other ingredients.
- The melted cheese will hold the tomato in place on top of the meat. Finish it off with the lettuce and onion on top.
- The final step is the Mayo on the underside of the top bun.