Yields: 12 pancakes
2 c. + 2T soft white whole grain flour, or 7 grain flour (247g)
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg or all spice
2 T. brown sugar (25g)
2 c. buttermilk (490g)
4 T. unsalted butter, melted (57g)
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. grated zucchini (small zucchini) 100g
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, spices and brown sugar
- In a glass measuring cup, melt the butter in the microwave and add buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla, mix.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Fold in the grated zucchini.
- Heat a griddle or pan to medium heat, 350 degrees. Spray with cooking spray so they don't stick. Pour about 1/3 cup for each pancake. I use a # 12 scoop, works perfect.
- Cook until the surface of the pancakes have some bubbles, about 3 minutes then flip.
Cool completely and wrap them in plastic and place in ta freezer bag. They will keep for 2 months no problem.