1/4 cup rice vinegar (60 g)
1/4 cup soy sauce (68 g)
3 tablespoons mayonnaise (45 g)
4 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil (such as Asian)
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon peanut butter
2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons golden brown sugar
- 2 pounds red-skinned sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- Whisk first 9 ingredients in medium bowl to blend.
- Add enough water to large saucepan to reach depth of 1/2 inch. Bring to boil; add sweet potatoes and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Mix sweet potatoes, dressing, peas, and green onions in large bowl.
- Season salad with salt and pepper.
Can be made 4 hours ahead but best if made the day before serving cover and refrigerate.
Sprinkle salad with peanuts and serve.
Preparation and Storage Of Fresh Ginger
When I buy ginger at the store I get a large piece and freeze it. When I need it I just take it out of the freezer and grate what I need and put it back into the freezer. That way I always have fresh ginger on hand. Lasts a very long time frozen.