Bake time: Total bake time is 17 minutes
Bake 5 minutes at 425 degrees, then turn down to 375 degree and finish baking for the last 12 minutes
Oven: 425 degrees for 5 minutes, then turn down to 375 degrees
3/4 c. sugar (145g)
1/2 c. +1 T butter (124g)
2 large eggs
1 med. sweet potato (209g) Baked
1 3/4 c. soft white pastry flour (300g)
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 c. +2 tsp buttermilk (67g)
2 T. +1 tsp. honey (49g)
1 tsp. vanilla
- In a separate bowl add all the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together and mix.
- In a separate bowl mix the buttermilk, honey and vanilla together.
- With the mixer cream butter, sugar until light and creamy.
- Add one egg at a time to the mixer and beat until combined.
- Add the sweet potato to the mixer and beat, then add the liquid ingredients from the separate bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and add the bowl of dry ingredients to the liquid. Mix this by hand until just combined.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Use a scoop or 1/3 cup to place the dough into the muffin pans.
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar before placing into the oven.
- Remove from oven and let rest 2 minutes before removing from the muffin pans.