Pressure Cook at High 10 Minutes
Release Right Away (DO OUTSIDE)
- 1 (2lb.) ham bone or smoked port hock - cooked bacon will also work
- 2T. butter or olive oil (28)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (24g)
- 1 rib celery, chopped (75g)
- 1 medium onion, diced (220g)
- 1 pound green split peas (454g)
- 6c. low salt chicken stock
- dried thyme pinch
- Heat up the Instant Pot using the Saute function. Wait until it says HOT about 8 minutes. Add the butter or oil then add the diced onions. Saute until softened about 2 minutes. Add the minced garlic, thyme and bay leaves and saute for another minutes.
- Deglaze the Instant Pot with about 1/2 cup of the chicken stock. Scrub all the brown bits off the bottom of the pot.
- Pressure Cook: Add in the chopped carrots and celery and the dried split peas, ham or smoked hock. Pour the rest of the chicken stock into the pot. Pressure Cook at High Pressure for 10 minutes then release. Do it outside
- Pull out the ham or hock and chop up the meat. Give it a few stirs to thicken it up. If it is too thin put it on saute and reduce a bit. Mine always comes out perfect maybe on the thick side. Season to taste