16 oz pasta of your choice. Rice noodles are good with this dish.
1 T. vegetable oil
4 tsp. minced peeled fresh ginger
1 T. minced garlic
1 cup thinly sliced peeled carrots
8 oz. flank stake, trimmed and thinly sliced crosswise, then cut again into 1/2 inch strips
1/2 cup + 2 T. low sodium soy sauce
(have used beef stock and soy combination to further the salt reduction)
3/4 tsp. curry powder
3/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 -1/2 tsp. dried crushed red pepper
1 c. sliced green onions
- Prepare the pasta according to the directions, the pasta depending on the type you use will take the longest. Rice noodles are very quick and can be done at the last minute.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Add the ginger and the garlic, stir about 10 seconds
- Add carrots, stir 1 minute.
- Add steak, toss until it's no longer pink abut 30 seconds.
- Stir in soy ( or broth combination) add curry, cumin and red pepper.
- Add noodles to the skillet and toss until coated with the mixture and is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle green onions over and serve.
Per serving calories 380 depending on the broth used.