- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons salt ( I decreased the salt by half)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds), cut in half
- 8 to 10 sandwich rolls
- Cut the roast in half than rub the seasonings over both pieces. Do not add any liquid to the slow cooker.
- Combine seasonings; rub over roast. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Shred with a fork. Serve on rolls. Yield: 8-10 servings.
I have found a 5-6 pound beef chuck roast works well also.