The recipe calls for 2 pounds of potatoes, that is way to much for two people for lunch or dinner. So I will give you what I came up with for two and you can adjust the recipe as you need for your family.
Oven: 425 degrees
Bake: 20 - 40 minutes depending on size and amount of fries
1 large potato (any type will do)
1 T. cornstarch
1/4 c. water
Note: This amount of cornstarch and water will also work for 2 potatoes.
Recipe uses 3T cornstarch for 2 pounds of potatoes
- Wash potatoes, peel if the skin is thick or you prefer to do so.
- Prepare Pan: Use my recipe for baking cream. The secret ingredient is Lecithin. If you use a spray make sure it has this ingredient. Once you spray your baking sheet, take 2 tsp. vegetable oil and put onto the pan and tilt the pan to coat the pan. The trick to using very little oil is this process of the lecithin and the vegetable oil. (3T oil for 2 pounds of potatoes)
- Cut your potato length wise in half and cut into planks or fries.
- In a glass bowl, mix the cornstarch and water. Put into the microwave and heat 10 seconds just until it is thick.
- Add your cut up fries to the cornstarch thick mixture. With your hands coat the potato slices.
- Lay the fries not touching each other onto the prepared oiled baking sheet. Cover with foil and place into hot oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and remove the foil, this steams the potatoes. They will not be brown at this point.
- Place back into the oven and cook another 10-15 minutes until golden brown on the bottom side.
- Remove from the oven and turn over the potatoes on the pan to brown on the other side for another 10-15 minutes.
- When done salt while they are hot and enjoy.