Oven: 325 degrees
Bake: 60-75 minutes
Pan: 9x5 inch loaf pan (lined with parchment paper)
Makes one loaf
1/2 cup pecan pieces (60 grams)
2 large peaches fully ripened
Remove the skin of the peaches.
- Drop the ripe peaches in boiling water for 1 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the water with a slotted spoon and immediately place them in cold water to stop the cooking.
- The skins will just slide right off.
- Remove the pit and you’re ready to go.
- Puree just enough of the peaches to make 1 cup. Dice the remainder into 1/2 inch pieces. Note: If using large peaches the puree will take about one and a half peaches. The remainder of the peach is diced up and added to the batter along with the pecans when putting it into the pan. The peach pieces give a pleasant burst of flavor.
1 cups sugar (200 g)
1/2 cup oil (112 g)
1 egg yolk
1 cup peach puree (about 1 1/2 large peach)
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 c. soft white pastry flour (210 grams) or All purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line the bottom of a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment. Spray the pan and set aside.
Whisk sugar and oil until combined.
Add egg and yolk, whisking to combine
Add the peach puree and extracts.
Combine the salt, baking soda, baking powder and flour. Mix together.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Pour one third of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the diced peaches and 1/2 of the pecan pieces over the batter. Spread another one third of the batter over the peaches and pecans and repeat the peach pieces and pecans.
- Top with the last third of the batter spreading it to the edges covering the peaches and pecans.
Bake for 60 to 75 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. If it browns too much lightly cover with a piece of foil that has been sprayed and placed sprayed side down over the bread.
Cool 30 minutes and turn out of the pan to cool on racks.