Yields: 12 muffins
Oven: Pre-Heat oven 425 degrees
Bake Time: Total baking time 16 minutes
Bake: Bake first 5 minutes at 425 degrees - turn down oven
Bake the last 11 minutes at 375 degrees
1 3/4 c. soft white or pastry flour (300g)
3/4 c. sugar (145g)
1 T. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1c. small shredded zucchini (packed and drained) (160g)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 large eggs
2/3 c. milk (162g)
1/3 c. canola oil (86g)
zest of 1 lemon - save juice for the syrup
1 tsp. ginger
1/4 c. lemon juice (juice of one lemon) (61g)
1/4 c. sugar (50g)
- In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients, except the shredded zucchini.
- In another bowl mix the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the shredded zucchini at the end.
- Note: The batter will be thin so don't be worried. Scoop out the batter into prepared muffin tin. Use a #12 scoop or 1/3 of a cup. You may use paper linings or grease your pan well so they don't stick.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours
- Bake for total of 16 minutes, the first 5 minutes at 425 degrees and the last 11 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and cool
- Brush with the lemon syrup or drizzle lemon icing on top
Combine the lemon juice and sugar in a pan on the stove and bring to a boil. Cook until thickened, if you want it more like icing add some powder sugar.