Kefir, is wonderful and if you make it fresh like we do you are always looking for ways to use if. This recipe comes from Nourished Kitchens which is a great web site for all things healthy.
- 1 cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade (recipe)
- 1/2 cup milk kefir or buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 2 teaspoons dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- Spoon the mayonnaise into a mixing bowl, and then whisk in the kefir or buttermilk and olive oil. When the oil and kefir are completely integrated into the mayonnaise, whisk in the onion and garlic powders, salt, herbs and dried parsley. Taste it, and adjust seasoning as necessary to suit your preferences.