1 pound of ground beef
4-6 patties depending on the size
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 T. canola mayonnaise or 1T. Worcestershire sauce or steak sauce
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound 93% lean grass-fed ground sirloin
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high. Add onion and minced garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; cook 5 minutes or until onions are soft and caramelized, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes.
- Add the onions and garlic to the mayonnaise or Worcestershire sauce. Add the pepper and mix into the meat with your hands.
- Form into patties, 4-6 depending on the size you want. I like to place them on a cookie sheet and freeze them for 30 minutes until firm. They are easier to grill without falling apart.
- Heat a grill pan or cast-iron skillet over high. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties; cook 3 minutes. Turn patties. Top each with 1 cheese slice; cook 2 minutes or to desired degree of doneness.
Prepare the grill. Cook the organic grass fed burgers over hot coals about 3-4 minutes for medium-rare, or more to desired doneness.