This drink is made with turmeric, something most of us don't eat everyday. Turmeric has many health benefits it aids in digestion, immune function, liver health and even possible protection from cancer.
- 2 cups of milk or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric (Co-Op price)
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon (Co-Op price)
- 1 teaspoon raw honey or maple syrup or to taste
- Pinch of black pepper (increases absorption)
- Tiny piece of fresh, peeled ginger root or ¼ tsp ginger powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Blend all ingredients
- Pour into a small sauce pan and heat for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Drink immediately
Dr Weils Healthy Kitchen