This recipe comes from one of my favorite Instant Pot web sites Amy + Jacky pressurecookfrecipes.com. This recipe is developed for the 6 quart model but you can make this in a 3 quart model or cut it in half. I have changed the recipe a bit to suit my taste.
- 2 - 3 # (1262g) bone-in skin-on chicken thighs - (used skinless breast meat)
- 4 (17g) garlic cloves , minced
- 1 - 2 teaspoon (2.5 - 5g) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon (2.5g) cumin seed , ground
- 1 teaspoon (2.5g) paprika
- 1 teaspoon (2.8g) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon (2.4g) onion powder
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) regular soy sauce
- ½ cup (125ml) unsalted chicken stock
- Marinate Chicken: Add 1 tsp (2.5g) ground cumin seed, 1 tsp (2.8g) garlic powder, 1 tsp (2.4g) onion powder, 1 tsp (2.5g) paprika, 1 - 2 tsp (2.5 - 5g) chili powder, 4 minced garlic cloves, and 1 tbsp (15ml) regular soy sauce in Instant Pot. Add in ½ cup (125ml) unsalted chicken stock. Give the sauce mixture a quick mix. Add in 2lb - 3lb bone-in chicken thighs. Let the chicken thighs marinate for 10 - 20 minutes. *Pro Tip: If you are marinating longer, place the whole inner pot in the fridge.
- Pressure Cook Chicken: Pressure Cook at High Pressure for 12 minute and Natural Release for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes, release the remaining pressure by turning the Venting Knob to the Venting position. Remove the lid carefully.
- Shred & Season Chicken: Place cooked chicken in a large mixing bowl. Shred the meat with 2 forks.
*Pro Tip: If you think the chili sauce is too oily, use a Fat Separator to remove the oil. Bring the chili sauce mixture back to a simmer by pressing the "Cancel" button, then "Saute" button. Let the sauce simmer and thicken a bit while you shred the chicken. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning with more salt (for reference, we used 3 large pinches of salt). Place the shredded chicken back in the sauce.