Large Pan: A cast iron skillet will work or any 10 inch or larger heavy pan you can use on the stove top.
There are no set rules, amounts or ingredients, it will depend on the number of fajitas you are making. To give you an idea, we usually have 2 fajitas each with a side and that is plenty for us at dinner.
- 1 Chicken Breast (will make 3-4 fajitas) You can use any type of chicken meat the dark or white. I buy the 10 pound bags of chicken legs at 64 cents a pound and steam them. Once I pull off all the meat, there is plenty to freeze and make other dishes with. It also provides homemade chicken stock that I use for soups and other dishes.
- Onion - few slices of onions
- Bell Peppers - about 1/2 of a large one or 2 small ones
- Cheese - 1-2 slices per fajita, any type of cheese (cheddar is nice)
- Picante Sauce - Recipe for making your own...Click Here
- Spice Mix - I use in everything, it's not that hot but, has no salt and easy to mix up and keep on hand. Scroll down to the bottom of the Picante Sauce recipe ...Recipe
- Heat up your pan on medium to high heat.
- If you are starting with raw chicken, remove the skin and put a bit of oil in the pan and cook the chicken until all of the pink is gone.
- Cut up the peppers, onions and cooked chicken pieces.
- Add the the pepper, onions and chicken pieces to the pan along with some olive oil so things don't stick to the hot pan. Cook to soften the onions and peppers.
- Add 1 tsp spice mix seasoning toss to coat everything.
- You're done!
- Lay your flour tortilla on the plate. Place the divided mixture on the edge of the tortilla.
- Lay the cheese over the meat mixture
- Top with Salsa
- Fold one end up and roll up the tortilla, place them on the plate. We usually microwave them for a few seconds to melt the cheese or you can put them into the oven covered so the tortillas don't dry out.