Yields: 12 muffins
Oven: 375 degrees
Bake: 20-25 minutes
1 c. sugar (200 g)
1/2 c. butter or 1 stick (113 g)
1 1/3 cup soft white flour (160 g)
1/2 c. soy flour (53 g)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 T. plus 1 tsp almond extract
3/4 c. vanilla soymilk (182 g)
3/4 c. (3.5oz. bag) dried cherries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. This muffin uses the creaming method of mixing. For detailed information ... Click.
- Cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well.
- In another bowl mix together the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl combine the liquid ingredients, the soymilk, and almond extract.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the creamed butter and mix, scraping the sides as needed. Then add 1/3 of the liquid ingredients and mix. Alternate the dry with the liquid ingredients ending with the flour mixture. Fold in the dried cherries.
- Refrigerate the batter for 2 hours, then scoop with a number 12 scoop or 1/3 of a cup. Top with course sugar to an added sparkle.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before removing from the muffin tins. You may use a paper liner or if you grease your muffin tin well they will come out fine.