Oven: 350 degrees
Bake: 45-50 minutes in a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 pan --- 40-45 minutes in larger pan
2 c. + 2 T soft white flour (300g) or 2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 c. pecans chopped (100g)
1 can 15oz unsweetened pumpkin puree
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. cloves
1 c. sugar (200g)
1c. brown sugar (200g)
1/2 c. vegetable oil (107g)
4 oz cream cheese (113g) - cut into small pieces
4 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. buttermilk (63g)
5 T. brown sugar
1 T. soft white flour
1 T. soft butter
1 tsp. cinnamon
pinch of salt
Using your fingers, mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
Directions For Bread:
- Combine the flour baking powder and soda into a bowl and set aside.
- Combine the pumpkin, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and clovers in a large saucepan. You will be cooking this over medium heat on the stove top. Cook this mixture for 6-8 minutes stirring so it does not burn. It will reducer to around 1 1/2 cups in volume.
- Remove from the heat and add the sugars, oil, cream cheese and vanilla. Stir until is well combined and the cream cheese is melted. Let this mixture cool for a few minutes.
- Now add the eggs and buttermilk, whisk until combined.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture over the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Fold the nuts into the mixture.
- Divide the batter evenly between 2 well greased baking pan
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the two loaves.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes depending on the size of your pan. It will be done when you insert a tooth pick in the center of the loaf and it comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pans for about 20 minutes before removing them. remove the loaves from the pans and let them cool for at least 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with ice cream or top with whipped cream if you like.