What you will learn and do in the slow 7 grain bread class:
- Discuss what whole grain is, types of grains available and how they can benefit you.
- Sample whole grain cookies, or muffins
- This is a 2 day process for the bread so we will make the Biga, and Final dough in steps.
- Learn how to make a light high loaf of bread using whole grain flour. We will make 1 loaf using a proofing basket, it's easy and looks very professional. Then we make rolls and discuss the different types of rolls from large buns to knots.
- Tricks you will not find in any books... information you can use at home when baking bread.
This class is a bit more difficult compared to the basic whole grain bread, because cooked cereal is used in the dough. The bread is excellent as toast and perfect with peanut butter and jelly. The bread is slightly sweet, with added texture of the cook grains. A favorite of many in my classes.
If you are interested in attending a baking class in the future send me an email and I will put you on my list. I will email you about the class and when my next classes are. Class size is limited to eight, so they fill up quickly.
Monthly Calendar (click here)